Saturday, April 25, 2015

Extreme Rules Preview...Sort Of???


What's going on everybody!  This is your friendly neighborhood wrestling mark blogger here to give my predictions of tomorrow night's Extreme Rules event from WWE.  Due to personal situations and real life happening I haven't been the most up on angles and story lines over the past couple weeks, however I'll give what I know and to be honest, it's not all that impressive in terms of the card.

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Big E) vs. Cesaro & Tyson Kidd (c)

This is one of a few matches where I'm just like *yawn*, because The New Day stinks as a unit altogether, and the champs aren't necessarily the most exciting team I've eve seen.  I see the champs leaving still the champs, but with Xavier "Mr. PHD" Woods could keep things interesting on the outside, along with Natalya.

Kiss My Arse Match
Dolph Ziggler vs. Shaemus

Really?!  Kiss My Arse Match?!  Another wonderful slap in the face to the immensely talented Ziggler, who recently teased that he was possibly leaving the company in a long tweet and iPhone note.  I don't care period about this match, but it's not because of the athleticism of Ziggler.  Shaemus will likely win and the company will continue to treat Ziggler like shit because they can.

Chicago Street Fight
Dean Ambrose vs. Luke Harper

Now this one here folks could be a show stealer, or at least should.  These two have tore each other asses up in the indies for years and continued it in their respective crews of The Shield and The Wyatt Family.  This is a much needed win for both men, but I expect Ambrose to get the W in this one.  In all due respect to Harper, they're also giving him the Ziggler treatment.

WWE U.S. Championship Match/Russian Chain Match
John Cena (c) vs. Rusev

This could be a pretty entertaining match as well.  Kudos to Cena for trying to bring the U.S. Title some dignity again with these open challenges every week.  Rusev was a dominant champion leading up to Wrestlemania.  However, I do think Cena's roll will continue, but still look for good things with Rusev down the road...let's hope.

WWE Inter-Continental Title
Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Bad News Barrett

From what I'm understanding, Bryan's health is questionable and the company is being very tight lipped about his situation.  If this match takes place, I expect Bryan to emerge the victor, but again, this will all depend on his health

Last Man Standing
Roman Reigns vs. Big Show

This rivalry will HOPEFULLY end tomorrow as I'm completely over it.  I expect Roman to emerge victorious in this likely very physical match tomorrow.

WWE World Heavyweight Title/Steel Cage Match w/ RKO banned
Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins (c)

With Kane acting as the "cage enforcer" in this match, one would think there's a screwjob emerging.  Whatever the case, I expect Rollins to continue to be the slimy wormy champion after this match.

As you can tell, I'm not too amped or excited over this event.  I predict this will be a very bland and predictable event, but once NXT holds their PPV next month, who knows?  Maybe the main roster will start taking notes.  Maybe?  That's all for now kiddies.  I'll return with my post event results Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment